2009年4月1日水曜日

Challenges in the new division

I moved from Nagoya to Takamatsu of Shikoku two years ago because I was appointed to be in charge of Safety Control Section instead of Civil Engineering Section in Nagoya.

I feel that the 2 year period is not enough to completely master my new assignment. Therefore I try my best to continue studying safety issues. I did not have enough time to travel on Shikoku Island to visit various places there. I just climbed Mt. Ishizuchi and Mt. Tsurugi, and went to Naoshima, Shodoshima, Megi Island, and Ogi Island which are located in INLANDSEA SETO.

I also made a pilgrimage to 88 temples on Shikoku Island that is called the OHENRO which I started in January 2008 and completed it at the end of March 2008. I was praying for safety on construction sites during my pilgrimage.

Then I moved to Tokyo on the 1st of April to work in the Safety, Health and Environmental (HSE) Department of International Division to be in charge of HSE issues at overseas sites.
Last year some major accidents occurred at overseas sites. I am going to challenge to improve the safety level at the overseas sites to prevent accidents in the future.

0 件のコメント: